Email me

Monday, April 06, 2009

Maverick 3: Fly Harder

FINALLY.
I received a reassuring email on Friday from the school, letting me know that school staff were, in fact, taking my request seriously. And apologising to me.
Apologising.
To Me.


> Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:02:04 +1000
> From: P*********@********.edu.au
> To: ********@hotmail.com
> Subject: RE: Lost Property Enquiry
>
> Dear Jo,
>
> thank you for your reply.Sorry for my reply as I did forward to you by mistake, no offence intended. It certainly was an unusual request.
>
> Despite the unusual request and my light hearted response to R**** I did take your request seriously and I am sure that if it did alight in ****** we would forward it to you. We are keeing our eyes open. Usually it would have turned up by now so I guess the strong winds may have taken it further.
>
> best of luck
>
> P*******


I was equal parts reassured and curious:



From: *********@hotmail.com
To: **********@*******.edu.au
Subject: RE: Lost Property Enquiry
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:18:23 +1000

Dear P******,

Thank you so much for your reassurance. I remain hopeful that Maverick will surface eventually. If he has in fact been blown outside the school grounds, it might be a good idea for me to put some posters up around the area - I think I have a picture of him somewhere.

I do have a question, though - you say that "usually it would have turned up by now". How long does it normally take for inflatable dolls to be located on school grounds?

Thanks again,
Jo.



I still think he was blown inside the school, though. They are private school girls, after all.

.

No comments: