Email me

Friday, April 03, 2009

Maverick 2: The Mavericking.

The search for Maverick continues. Inch by inch (sorry, Maverick – is that insensitive?), we creep closer to his return.

I was thrilled this morning to receive what I thought was a response from the school in question to my lost property enquiry. Alas, the email had been sent to me by mistake – what was intended as a message to another teacher was accidentally forwarded to my email address instead. Your tax dollars at work, ladies and gentlemen:

> Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:58:14 +1000
> From: *********@********.edu.au
> To: ***********@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: Lost Property Enquiry
>
> Hi R****,
>
> love it!! Could I get my Form class to look for it?
>
> (Just joking! But year 9 would love it!) Is this an April fools joke?
>
> cheers
>
> P*****

It seems the school was not giving the quest for Maverick the serious consideration we had hoped. It was time for another email.

From: *********@hotmail.com
To: **********@*********.edu.au
Subject: RE: Lost Property Enquiry
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:25:12 +1000

Dear P*****,

Your email below may have come to me by mistake?

Either way, I can assure you that my request for this item of lost property is not an April Fools' prank. I'm not sure what they teach there at the school, but everybody knows that any prank played after midday on the 1st of April is null and void, and likely to result in justified retribution by the prankee - a "wedgie" or similar - whatever the kids are doing these days.

I do appreciate your attention to my original email, however, and hope that Maverick (as the item has affectionately been dubbed) is found safe from harm. Punctures can of course be repaired, but with the normal teenager's propensity for defacement, I fear, if found, that Maverick may not have survived with dignity intact.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you and sincere regards,
Jo Thornely.

We all remain hopeful, yet concerned. Autumn is here, and Maverick is nude. It’s cold out, and even when you don't have any genitals, shrinkage can be a bitch.

.

1 comment:

PetStarr said...

I am fucking LOVING this but honestly, you're using your name??!! YOU CRAZY WOMAN!