Email me

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Look! A Shiny Thing!

I’ve just walked the twenty minutes home from the train station without my iPod, leaving my thoughts to wander dangerously unfettered through my brain, free from the earphone-delivered influence of popular culture.

Without much coaxing, my thoughts quickly became startlingly cohesive concepts, which soon arranged themselves into one or two deft theories that actually made me stop mid-stride, raise my eyebrows and go “Huh. Wow”. The kind of theories that made me think that perhaps my life might change because of them.

Of course, I can’t remember a single one of them now, because my short-term memory is completely shot from the effects of living in a post-post-modern world full of short-served information and half-baked digital entertainment.

Bugger.

Might see what’s on telly.

.

2 comments:

Juice Bar said...

The other day I stumbled from my front door to the letterbox and back, confused that my inner ears appeared cold. Eventually it occurred to me that they hadn't been earphoneless, and therefore exposed to that much fresh outside air, since around mid-2003. Not an experience I hope to repeat.

Anonymous said...

i like the word deft