Email me

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

You Had Me At "Tooheys" #2, or: This Week's Pick-Up Line

Okay, first – the above heading is misleading, and possibly a little optimistic.
I don't hear a pick-up line every week, and the lines I do hear aren't always pick-up lines in the classic sense.
When guys approach me, they are often a) drunk, and b) recently rejected by the blonde with big tits on the other side of the room.
Suffice to say, I hear some corkers.
On Saturday night, whilst standing near the bar holding two drinks, waiting for my friend Simon to come back from the ATM, I was the bemused recipient of this one:

Drunk guy, conspirationally in my ear: "Excuse me – are you a security guard?"

Me: "Er… no. Why do you ask?"

Drunk guy: "You look really tough".

Right. Thanks. I think.

No comments: