Email me

Friday, November 02, 2007

Made-Up Word of the Week #3

invisible camera

Imaginary photographic device which confuses at one end and amuses at the other.


Origins: Last year, staff at my office got to meet all the Australian Idol contestants at a drinkies do in our boardroom. I was chatting to my mate Olivia when one of the more aesthetically pleasing Idols walked past, and she mentioned she wanted a photo with him, primarily so she could nestle into his barely post-pubescent armpit. Unfortunately Olivia didn't have a camera. I suggested that she should go up to him anyway, pose with him, and I would just mime taking a photo of him on an imaginary, invisible camera.

She wimped out.



Later in the evening, Olivia and I went out, and eventually she found herself being chatted up by an outrageously good-looking, stunningly stupid man.


She tapped me on the shoulder and, smirking, said "Hey Jo - do you mind taking our picture?"


"Sure!" I replied, going through the contents of my bag to find my invisible camera.


Having found it, I raised it to my face and mimed pressing the shutter button.

The guy barely blinked.



"Wait," said Olivia. "The flash didn't go off. Take another one".





Anyway, here's the photo:




Damn. I cut their heads off.

4 comments:

davey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
davey said...

Ah... BABE! Your invisible thumb got in the way.

redcap said...

Hang on! I came here looking for a photo of Clive Owen's bum. Am horribly disappointed.

Anonymous said...

OMG hilarious... i went to idol once and held up an invisible sign just hoping i would win the $200 prize but alas i was awarded with the amazing Doughtry album !! i have yet to listen to it ....big love! x