Email me

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Lament

My hair is brown and lifeless,
At the ends it's dead and dull;
And there's something not quite right
About the shaping of my skull.
I frequently get pimples
And my lips are rather thin,
And the phrase "a little patchy"
Is descriptive of my skin.
My boobs aren't nearly big enough,
My shoulders slouch a bit,
My arms are long and gangly
And my fingernails are split.
My waistline's ordinary
And my bottom's big and wobbly;
My thighs are white from lack of light,
My knees are dense and knobbly.
My shins are dry and scabby;
Feet like mine are out of vogue,
But although my name's forgettable,
At least it's not 'Minogue'

4 comments:

londongirl said...

Well that may not have been your intention, but you did make me smile...

Anonymous said...

I think this is a very cool and realistic poem although it sounds a bit degrading to yourself. But i do have solutions for your problems though. I am quite a look-conscious type of person, for dull and lifeless hair, i always opt for easier way to manage. I have just straightened my hair with ceramic straightener and it's all good again. :D lively and easy to manage.

Jo said...

Oh, excellent! Marketing spam! I've really made it now...

redcap said...

That's great. Very funny. More poems, please :)